View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 12:59 PM   #8
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

I sat in on a guest lecture of his that my psych prof organized. It was kind of ridiculous how it had to essentially be arranged in secret. On this, I would agree with Peterson that our society needs to grow up a bit.

I thought the interview wasnt too bad aside from the usual emotionally charged tangents. Peterson may get a bit more flak than he deserves, but it does seem that he is an intentional #### disturber. He is just too rigid to accept that it is not moral/desirable to just accept or be content with hierarchical structures that we are supposedly biologically predisposed to (the lobster argument).

From what I have seen, he always seems to avoid considering that our society/culture might not place proper value on female dominated professions. Also, he may think that he is very careful with his words, but he always ends up revealing that he paints personality characteristics as strictly male/female, and thinks in absolutes in male/female roles. He also tries to say in this interview that there is no evidence of organizations finding success with encouraging more 'feminine' characteristics (agreeableness and whatever), but making room for such characteristics in more enlightened human societies are big factors in building our current era of historically unprecedented declines in violence. Without those 'female characteristics', maybe we would not have figured out that not everything is a zero sum game.
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to starseed For This Useful Post: