View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 08:31 AM   #17
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Throwing a ciggerette butt in someone's car likely does warrant getting punched in the face. Throwing the butt is more or less assault. Its tragic that he ended up dying especially if what was said above about his mental state is true but I don't think that it would be reasonable to expect no consequence from throwing a ciggerette butt. It's like spitting in someone's face
Throwing a butt is more or less assault? =/ I'm going to go with the very much "less" part on that given the circumstances. How else would you reconcile the fact that the lady was then the first person to "assault" something?

I'm not saying he shouldn't have expected to face consequences at one point, the same way if I go downtown and keep calling people ####ers I'm going to get punched in the face at one point, but I don't necessarily think he did anything 'wrong'. It was after all her trash.

In any case, it doesn't matter. According to the witnesses, she went and grabbed a man from another building and he followed him, sucker-punched him and consequently killed him. There's no room for anything but at the very least a manslaughter charge here based on what's been reported.

I realize he died several days later of his injuries, but you can almost guarantee that the assailant is going to be at least upper-middle class, anything else and he would be arrested that day before having his charges upgraded after the death. Something's fishy about the whole situation, RCMP should be far more open and transparent given that it would not in any way effect the investigation.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 08-10-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post: