View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #10
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
From my experience, unless you are staying at the really high end resorts the food is generally pretty disappointing. The food is sufficient if you are on a week long bender but I wouldn't expect anything to rave about. Outside of that the resorts are pretty decent.
I dont know, I've always had good food but exactly like you said, nothing to rave about.

If you're looking for Haute Cuisine then you either shouldnt be going to Mexico or you should be looking at a restaurant off the resort.

The story I always enjoy telling is about when I went to Cuba and this couple from Ottawa just would not STFU about how terrible the food was.

It wasnt really, I thought it was pretty good, but he kept ordering steaks and various other dishes that are not the specialty of a small island nation.

If you want something good, get what they're good at.

"How come you always get seafood?"

I dont know pal, you see a lot of cows wandering around? We're on an island.

Going to Mexico the food has always been 'good' and thats about the best you can ask for, if your palate requires more than that then perhaps the hotel restaurant or the All-You-Can-Eat Buffet are the wrong places to look.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote