View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #9
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

When reading reviews on any all-inclusive pay the most attention to the food parts. I'm not a good snob, but I do like variety and try to find AI's with lots of restaurants.

Jamaica is a good pick for AI resorts as there are quite a few options. While Negril ones have some of the best beaches, MoBay resorts are definitely most central to everything on the island, while I've never stayed in the Ocho Rios area but I believe this is where the cruise ships port.

As for more specific ones I've stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean and it was ok. Hardly any sandy beach but the food was good. Plenty of options too as we had access to Sandals MoBay as well with a short shuttle ride. It is also by the airport (both of these Sandals are) so you will see and hear airplanes but honestly your forget about them after a day.

The other one I've stayed at is Riu Tropical Bay close to Negril. The food at this one was definitely the best (little BBQ shack was great) and the beach and water were perfect for lounging or swimming (it's in a bay so very calm). The few lounge shows we went to at night were entertaining but we didn't venture off resort (once to snorkel). I have no idea what this place is like now because this was 17 years ago so things I'm sure have changed.

We've decided to head back this March and are headed to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. I like the location (MoBay and close to golfing) and the food options look good.

Anyways that's my experience with Jamaica AI's. Really the only thing I would be leary of is Cuba AI's. I have yet to have a consistent number of people enjoy the food there over the years. We get a lot of travellers looking for clothes and sandals for their trip and the food is always the downside for the Cuba trips.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote