View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #14
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I thought about going down to Wyoming to see this, but then I went looking for a place to stay and even crappy little motels were asking for over $1000 US a night. That dampened my excitement quite a bit.
Yeah, I looked at campgrounds (full) and hotels/motels (full and/or expensive as fudge), so the pickup truck and tent trailer are out of the question. I've decided to sell my jetta and buy a kidnapper van and convert it into a camper. My bro in law is going to sell me his 16 seater van that will have enough space to keep one row of seating for my daughter and my gf daughter, plus 8 glorious feet of remaining space for the parental bed. I'll build kid sized bunks on either side above the adult bed on the floor, and my dog can sleep on the bench.

Gonna be camping in walmart parking lots or just wherever I see fit to pull over and sleep. All we really need are some folding chairs, a camping bbq, a folding table, a cooler, the little porta potty for the kids, and maybe a headrest tablet for the kids to watch movies while we drive through the less interesting terrain.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post: