View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 10:01 AM   #52
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Yeah, you're coming off a bit harsh. OP asked said "Just trying to make the best out of the situation so any advice is welcome."

Mbates, from the sounds of it, has worlds of experience in this area. So why not provide the tools and info he knows about to help? There's already been lots of "Call AMA, call your insurance, call your credit card provider". Mbates is just letting him know that he has options on the legal side of things should he need it.

If I was OP, I'd be super appreciative to get that info, because I already feel like an idiot and now I have yet another route to follow in order to possibly undo this momentary lapse of judgement.
Hey we all make mistakes and I'm trying not to to be harsh on the OP. I stand by I think MBates' advice is bad for this stage in the game, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBates View Post
Service Alberta has Fair Trading Act investigators and caseworkers who will very likely assist you sorting this out. I would contact them ASAP:

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/...-practices.cfm
He literally told the OP to contact investigators and caseworkers at Service Alberta (citing the Fair Trading Act) "ASAP" to help him sort this out. That's not checking out their site for background information - his advice is to get the government involved as soon as possible. Based on the original post, do you really agree with MBates that this is at the stage where investigators from the government need to intervene?

Last edited by Sliver; 10-23-2017 at 10:03 AM. Reason: oops, I said "trying to be harsh on the OP" when I meant "trying not to be harsh on the OP"
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote