View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 09:14 AM   #48
MBates
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I think you would sound like an absolute idiot if you started flapping around about The Fair Trading Act when there were at least three other more sensible options to explore before. First step is to call AMA. It probably ends there. Second step is to call the tow truck company. Third step is to call insurance company.

Calling the news. Calling The Fair Trading Act. He's not there yet.

Genuine question: If he called the government about this, do you not think their first bit of advice would be to contact AMA and the tow truck company? I'm not a lawyer and have never been in OP's predicament, but it seems obvious that's step one.
I made no mention whatsoever of calling the news. Calling a government service provider that has people who help resolve these problems is not in any way the same as calling the news in my opinion.

Will Service Alberta recommend calling the AMA and the tow truck company? They probably will. Based on experience I expect that would be after discussing with the caller what the Fair Trading Act covers and what their rights and protections are under the Act...so that he knows what to ask for and what he's talking about before making those calls.

I never said don't call AMA or the tow company to sort it out. Why do you see knowing what the actual law and rules applying to this situation before calling is something only a 'flapping' idiot would do?

Sorry I find that very strange. It's cliche I suppose but knowledge is power.
MBates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MBates For This Useful Post: