View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 03:20 PM   #14
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I’m good with anything with regards to spoilers. I just wanna make sure I know what I’m getting into when I come in this thread. I’m already somewhat familiar with Dune Messiah and the general direction of the books after that.

Since Villeneuve compressed the timeline of the first novel I wonder how he’s going to handle the time skip between Dune and Dune Messiah. If I had to guess I’d say he’s gonna show the war with the other families concurrently with some of the politics of Dune Messiah. Instead of having them happen one after another.
Yeah, that's a solid bet.
TBH the condensed timeline didn't work for me, it made Paul's decision less believable for me.

Also my friend and I were talking about Messiah and how she thinks they'll leave out the Spacing Guild and Tleilaxu out. The lack of importance of the Guild is one of my book reader gripes. They're right up there with the Bene Gesserit in terms of their political power.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote