View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 10:26 PM   #130
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
geez... i thought the stamps (and us fans as well) got too cocky and let up too much

glad we got the game and glad we did it with with a margin of more than a touchdown.

Sorry capt for jinxing your 17 point spread bet

Stay tuned folks! I'm not Gaskal, but a game like this deserves an ATR

I can't even be all that mad about losing the bet, But I just figure that when your offense plays like terrible and your QB throws a pick 6 and you still win by 12 its just the good lord of gambling being mad at your for your hubris.

My marks on the game

1) QB's - Bo had his moments, its tough to throw out the entire result when he throws 3 TDS. That interception was a pass that a high school coach would rip his QB's head off for throwing. If your going to that wide side in the 4 zone you'd better be sure and have some gas on the pass. The other interception that was called back was a bad decision, when your in the Red zone you don't throw that pass on the role, you either take off or throw the ball out of bounds and get the 3 points. Bo just didn't look comfortable after he got the lead. C

2) Running backs - Its tough to grade when your started is scratched just before game time and your backup gets hurt leaving Morris in. He really struggle to find holes (More on that later), he did have a couple of nice runs. But he's just not as good as Williams or Jackson C

3) Offensive Line - I thought this was a really bad game by the oline. They had some flashes of brilliance, but their run blocking just looked lazy, and on pass blocking they looked slow. Also Bonecrusher was terrible tonight F

4) Receivers - Again flashes of brilliance, but after they got the lead outside of the third quarter scoring drive they didn't push their routes very well at all. I thought their blocking was pretty poor as well. This wasn't a good effort game for the corp as a whole. Again I can't believe in a game that they put up three TD's through the air that they'd get a c-

5) DL - Did fairly well especially in keeping Bridge from using his feet, they had some nice pressures, but the Stamps were more concerned with Contain then aggressive rushes B

6) Linebackers - were outstanding especially after they figured out the Riders lame game plan. As a group they are blazing fast sideline to sideline A

7) Secondary - Another stellar game, Suitor whined about the Riders game plan. But the game plan was to bring the stamps tight to the line and then go over the top. But the coverage didn't allow the over the top stuff until garbage time. If there was a game MVP its the secondary A

8) Specials - Big props for the TD, also for Maver's punting and Parades (By the dashboard lights) field goal wise. However there were some pretty big mental errors on the near punt block and on the fumble on the return B

Coaches - Dave gets a D, I didn't like his game call, he didn't really challenge the Riders defense and was really conservative. The Defensive coaches get an A

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: