View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 01:05 PM   #10
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
So I read a great opinion piece this morning on Reddit about the decline of Infiniti. It's a great post if you want to check it out.

The TL;DR is basically Infiniti as a brand has slipped from being very respectable in the mid-aughts to totally underwhelming today. Worse cars than Lexus, BMW and Mercedes for the same or more money. There's no reason why anyone would or should buy one, which is crazy because 10-15 years ago they were pretty reasonable.

Nissan is the same (obviously). Like, a guy posted on Reddit a day or two ago about a 2018 370Z he bought, and all the posts in reply had a vibe like people felt bad for him. I actually did/do feel bad for him. Like, there are so many cars so far superior to that (Mustang is an obvious one) that I don't understand why he would buy it. I do like the exterior styling of 370Zs, but when the power, handling, economy, maintenance, technology, infotainment, etc. is a decade old, I don't get how they could sell a single one.

And Nissan has got to stop with the orange interior/gauge lighting. It is hideous and so outdated. Their infotainment is a joke in an era where infotainment systems sell cars. How can they not fix that?

Some motoring purists say infotainment systems don't matter, but I disagree. As a car guy, I'm primarily interested in how a car drives, but when every other manufacturer is offering a nice infotainment package at a $0 premium over Nissan, their lack of anything remotely resembling tech from this century becomes a major downside.

IDK, but I just don't see how Nissan is in business or how they sell vehicles. Anyone a fan?
Largest Japanese car seller in China and worlds largest sales of Electric cars, I'm guessing that's how
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote