View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 10:04 AM   #22
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Where do the Canucks finish this year? They have a pretty solid set of forwards but their blueline appears to be a mess. They will need some significant bounce back from the likes of Myers or OEL if they want to compete.
What bounce back? Myers and OEL were as good as you could reasonably expect either of them to be last year - they already HAD a bounceback - and the blue line was still mediocre at best. At worst it was ugly.

That being said, on paper, I still think it's about as good as Edmonton's blue line... which I shall now submit as the textbook definition of "damned by faint praise".
Quote:
I think the Canucks are like the Jets and stuck on the bubble with some nice forwards, a great goalie and thin D corps. As of today it feels like it is Vancouver, Vegas and LA battling for that third spot in the division.
They're placing a lot of bets on wild cards. Kuzmenko's KHL performance suggested he'd be good for 50-60 points in the NHL, but we've heard that before from European players. Mikheyev scored at a 30+ goal pace, but he has no previous track record of doing so. Boeser had a bad year last year but had a lot of personal stuff going on. Hoglander was terrible under Boudreau but good the year prior.

They're just hoping every "maybe" turns out for them, which is not where you want to be.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote