View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #2071
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think Zaha will probably go just because he's a pretty emotional guy and he's trying to kick down the door, he was a childhood Arsenal fan apparently. Could see them forcing him to stay too as his deal has 3 or 4 years to run but I don't think it will end happily. Frankly I think he's massively under rated by Arsenal fans reading their thoughts on pricing, because he "only" scored 10 goals and 10 assists as a winger at Palace - the guy was double or triple teamed his whole career there, he's one of the most dynamic players in the EPL and I think he is going to destroy on a team with other legitimate threats moving forward where the other team's D can't key in on him.

If I had to guess I'd bet they'll accept a couple player swap and cash in the end, there's been rumors of their interest in 3 Arsenal players and it would get them around the United sell on clause to an extent, though I think it would take a younger player or two with promise not just a a handful of old guys who didn't make the cut like Jenkinson. Someone like Reiss Nelson was in the rumors and that would make a lot more sense. Or if not, Arsenal should focus on someone who is within their budget.

It's too bad of all the guys pushing to leave this summer that it's been Aaron and Zaha, two of the club's own but at least they'll end up with 100 million pounds give or take. If only somebody would take Benteke now financially they would be laughing...

Last edited by Matty81; 07-02-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote