View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 04:04 AM   #58
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
John Oliver nails it again.

You usually get one extreme or the other with these sex ed folks. Extreme religious people who teach only abstinence, or extreme anti-religious people who will teach that abstinence is bad, and ridicule that particular choice. There needs to be a middle ground.
Really?

Anti-religious people teaching abstinence is bad? Educators promoting promiscuity? No teacher goes out and promotes sex. Even the ones that like it.

Your going to have to clarify here, but I smell BS. Please clarify and add examples. Not only have I never seen this or heard of it, but it makes no sense.

Unless you count putting condom machines in schools promoting promiscuity.

EDIT: Also, is there a person in regular society that is 'extreme anti religious', as you put it and making decisions or laws? Yeah, some bloggers and such, but in regular society? Making decisions? Affecting our children?

Like a flat earth society, or those against man made global warming, this is a false equivalency. No such thing. An argument without merit. There's no middle ground here. One side is completely wrong. Yes, abstinence is right for some, and to be honest, kids could use some self control, but teaching it as the only thing is wrong. Morally and societal. And on the flip side, no one teaches the other. This has never ever happened. No teach said 'get out there and f***'.

Weird, stupid, wrong, and dangerous comment. Ignorant even.

Last edited by Daradon; 08-11-2015 at 07:56 AM.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote