View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 12:24 PM   #614
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
So, I am still trying to figure this one out: Was Mark Cohon a good commissioner or was he in the right place at the right time?

I lean towards a little of both. When he left, it seemed like there were no where to go but down? I wonder how he would have handled these past years up to and including the pandemic.
He was the best commissioner the league has ever had. There's a reason the XFL approached him to become their commissioner. Attendance did decline in his last year so you can argue he chose to get out at the right time but there's little doubt the league had never prospered more under his guidance as that TSN contract was a game changer for the league. I can't imagine it's easy being the CFL commissioner considering how much owners clash, cheating and under the table stuff always going on behind the scenes and I'm not sure any commissioner would be able to come up with a winning solution for the league during a pandemic. It just seems that Ambrosie has really left the players out in the cold with the lack of communication and progress in any direction.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-13-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: