View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #90
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
Man, this could almost have been an instrumental album and I would have been happy. Maynard didn't add much in the way of ambiance to it, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Jones/Carey work. I don't know how they are able to come up with those guitar parts, they are bananas. In typical tool fashion, the interlude things are throwaways. Going to expunge those from the playlist...
I think instrumentally this is some of the best work they've ever done. I love that the band doesn't hold back. They are all monsters of their craft. I actually think a more subdued Maynard works really well for these songs, but his melodic contributions are no less important to the overall sound. Also really enjoying the lyrical territory he's gone into here.

I love the album. Far exceeded all of my expectations. My favorite song keeps changing daily.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post: