View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 07:13 AM   #87
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
I'm not sure this comparison makes sense. The two bands are markedly different in their style and approach. Simply putting Tool into a category like "Metal" confines their new record and the metamorphosis of the band they are now. Resisting geek-out urge to talk about the Fibonacci sequence in Lateralus...

While appropriate for their earlier releases (maybe) it really is a disservice to their new album which is far more contextual than a straightforward metal album like the one Slipknot put out.

Both records are good just very different.
Tool doesn't compare directly with anyone as they have their own sound. It's why you have a lot of fans loving it and some that don't get it as it's (at least the last few albums) an acquired taste. What I am saying basically is that Slipknot's new album to me is better for what I like to listen to these days as I can put it on in the car or gym and go. Fear Inoculum is more of a solitary sit down and listen to in your room album and while I used to do that a lot when I was younger I no longer have the time these days to give it the time it probably needs to stick in my head.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote