View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 08:01 PM   #14
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
So a RW/C to philly who are pretty good on both? Giroux, Couturier, Patrick, Hartman, Bailey, Konecny.

More moves in Philly me thinks.
From TSN's Off-Season Watch:
Quote:
Open to Offers
Philadelphia Flyers general manager Chuck Fletcher said at the NHL Combine last week that he plans to be aggressive this summer in improving the team's roster and added he hasn't ruled out trading the 11th overall pick to do so.
"If we can get a good player at the right stage of his career and with some term left on his contract, we’d certainly look at it,” Fletcher told Sam Carchidi of The Philadelphia Daily News.
Fletcher, who is entering his first off-season with the team, told NHL.com he will consider all options when it comes to revamping the roster.
"I think we're going to be very aggressive in the trade and free agent markets in the sense of looking into every possible situation that can help us," Fletcher explained. "The unfortunate part is the vast majority of things you look into don't work out...so we're going to be very aggressive in trying to fill the holes we feel we have. I don't know if I can say we'll be able to fill all of them."
When asked to specify on the team's areas of need, Fletcher said there's no shortage of spots to improve.
"We need help everywhere," he added. "We need help on defence, at centre and on the wing. And, obviously, we need another goaltender, at least, if not two. We have a lot of needs. We'll be able to plug some of those holes, whether we're plugging them with players on six-year deals or players on one-year deals as placeholders to buy more time to find the right fit. We'll certainly have our roster upgraded next year, and hopefully we can find three or four players at 26 years old that we can plug in there for the next 6 to 7 years. I don't know if that's likely.
"We may have to have some Plan B options. We are aggressively looking in the trade market now. At the right time, we'll certainly speak to every agent for a lot of free agents and see if there's a fit, see if there's players that want to come to Philly and if there's the right fit for our club. The good thing is we've got the assets and the [NHL salary] cap space, and sometime in the near future, we'll make some good things happen, and hopefully sooner rather than later."
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post: