View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #270
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm super excited for Doomsday Clock ! Basically this spins out of the DC comics one shot Rebirth by Geoff Johns. When DC rebooted their universe with new52 they took on a darker tone to their books, and fans were divided (much like their movies). Rebirth was meant to bring "Fun" back into DC Comics. The story of Rebirth ends when Batman finds a Watchmen button in the batcave leading him to investigate further. This is a story written by Johns and its a little bit of art taking inspiration from real events. From what I've seen/heard basically in the story they are saying that the Watchmen are responsible for this darker DC universe and they have to find a way to restore light back to the universe. Much like in real life in the 80s/90s after Watchmen the comic book came out , there was a lot of comics that were intimating the dark/gritty style of Watchmen. Will be a tough task to pull off, I remember the Before Watchmen books which kinda fizzled away, but Geoff Johns is a terrific writer so if anyone can integrate the two I have high hopes it's him. Alan Moore must be loving this haha
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote