View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #3097
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Would you rather be 25, starting a life at the beginning of a bubble, or at the end of a bubble?

I'd rather be 25 period.

The thing with bubbles/cycles, is that you don't often know where you are, until it is over.

Cool story bro time: I bought my first house in 1998. The market was super hot and had been so for a few years. I felt like I had missed my opportunity to buy, because prices seemed insane and supply was gobbled up in days, if not hours. Finally did pull the trigger, about 15% higher than I wanted to go and instantly felt sick about it. I was convinced that I would be the guy that bought in Calgary and lost money.

Purchase Price: $180k for a bungalow in Altadore on a 50 ft lot.

Moral: Have a decent down payment, forecast for higher interest rates, understand your finances/needs, and buying real estate is unlikely to be a bad deal for you.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fighting Banana Slug For This Useful Post: