View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 10:40 AM   #11
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Reeeeead View Post
It may seem surprising, but that's actually not necessarily true at all. We are working on a longer term extension in Stockton. Its just been a challenge to negotiate in a more uncertain world during this pandemic. With some normality finally happening I expect efforts to reboot.

If it was a pure 1 year move then I wouldnt have made the commitment to uproot my family there... there is a lot of work to do to regain the trust and prove commitment to the City of Stockton and our fan base there and it will take some time and proven action on our end.
Thanks for replying to this. I think the fact you're moving you and your family there speaks a lot to the willingness to try and make it work long term. A cross border move is no doubt a little tricky right now.

Like all things, I'm sure the economics need to prove themselves out. I'm happy to see the team is moving towards playing a full season.

A couple of years ago my son was playing in a minor hockey tournament in either Utah or Colorado and they played a team from Stockton in Flames colors. They were awfully good so there's definitely some kind of hockey community there.

Best of luck to you and the organization.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: