View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #15
Sample00
Sleazy Banker

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloHockeyFans View Post
Sorry to hear about your dog's situation Axel. I have a dog as well and understand completely what you must be going through.

It's excellent advice to shop around for a better price for the medication, but at what point do we stop prolonging the dog's pain and admit to ourselves that although it'll hurt the family, it's better to relieve the little guy's constant suffering?

Have you spoken to your vet or other experts about just how much pain this is causing your dog? If it's minor with the medication, then I agree that it wouldn't hurt to keep up with the medication, but if even with the pills, your dog is hurting, maybe it's time to say good bye.

I dunno... this decision will come one day for myself as well and it's something I dread.
At this point, the vet has said that he is not suffering yet. He is in discomfort but nothing bad yet. The medication will NOT fix the problem, just make him more comfortable. It will be up to us to decide when we decide to take the next step. Just watching him when he is hacking and coughing and feeling bad, tugs at the ole heart strings and I cannot watch ANY animal suffer much less our pet.

but for now, thats all the vet has had to say. I don't think we are at the point yet of euthanizing him, but it really is only a matter of time.
Sample00 is offline   Reply With Quote