View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 10:07 AM   #1161
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
It’s funny that you can post this but not concede equally likely was the wrong phrase to use. My whole point of all of my posts was you were implying precision which didn’t exist. That was it.
I clarified it so many times that at a certain point you’re just being a pedant. Find a more interesting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
As for Drake my point is that We are either alone or if the Universe can develop more than one advanced civilization we aren’t the most technologically advanced intelligent life. If you can’t play with the variables of the Drake equation and see why that is true I’m not sure I can help you get there. And the two possibilities amid being alone or not being alone are certainly not roughly equal.
But again, this statement is false based on current evidence, and even with the Drake equation (which you are misinterpreting the potential and limits of entirely) there is still the possibility of it being false. There’s no current scenario where you can definitively say we aren’t the most technologically advanced intelligent life. Doing so is ridiculous, so why should I take your pedantry seriously and care whether I’m being precise? You’re pretending a less than 100% probability of something being true is the same as it actually being true. I think anyone should be able to see the obvious flaw in that, so worry about helping yourself get there, I guess?
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote