View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 01:48 PM   #418
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah, talking to a family member at a major, they just went through another wave of layoffs, with another one coming up in the next couple of months. So its going to get tougher in this province, and a lot of companies that I have talked to are in the wait phase.

I will say that another family member that works for a paving company can't keep up with their work demand because of for example Amazon projects and provincial projects. So there are things that are happening.

All I can preach and its been said before is persistent and playing the numbers game. Even if you don't feel great about the position, apply anyways because you get in their system and you'll be picked up of informed of other positions.

I went back and looked at my March to June spreadsheet before I found this current gig. And I send out about 175 applications and really only interviews for about 12 of those.

I don't have any answers in terms of brilliant strategies except that the clear trap questions are income expectations. A lot of people are applying and low balling their pay expectations because it gets you more interviews. The other trap can tend to be over qualification, because the sense is that you won't stick around when times get better.

If your resume shows a lot of job bouncing find a way to clean that up on your resume, every cover letter should be a selling document specific to that role. Link your experience and knowledge to their requirements.

I'm crossing my fingers for all of you, I know what I went through in my search, at least mentally, there were times that I was just so ready to give up. You can't find a process and stick to it, it helps with your mental state.

I'm always here to help. Resume reviews, if you want to talk about a role and matching it to you, if you want to go through a mock interview (I have years of recruiting experience) I'm there.

I want to give back to this community that has been good to me, and there seem to be a lot of great people here as well, and I feel like I can help.
Hey Captain, I wouldn't call myself a serial job hopper, but I've had a few 1-2 year tenures in my resume. How do you suggest I manage that and would you think that raises any red flags?
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote