View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #3179
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I disagree that Arya is going against character. She came home looking for family and found the same entitled sister always wanting power and potentially willing to go against Jon to get it.

Sansa sends Brienne away so that if she does make a move against Jon for the throne and Arya has to go Brienne isn't their to defend Arya.

Arya challenges Sansa to gauge where she is going to go. The Truth she is trying to decent isn't does / did she support Cersai. It's is she going to make a play with Littlefinger for the North. And she wants Sansa paranoid that she is always watching.

Arya also failed at her training because she was herself and not no one. So the more Arya Stark she is the less of a faceless man she is. To me them being PTSDd and relitigating childhood fights and suspicions is exactly what would happen. Arya blames Sansa for her fathers death. She was in a position to do something and did nothing.

I think people saying Arya's character isn't being represented are ignoring the flaws and wanting the perfect hero assassin to live out their fan servicy desires of Saving Sansa, killing Littlefinger and moving on south to the Lanisters.

I am loving the seems of the broken children having the same fights again.
I hadn't really thought of it all in this way before. Interesting.

The idea that Sansa might want to go after Arya and so is getting Brienne out of the picture doesn't feel right to me though. As political as she has become, I still think family matters a lot to Sansa. My impression was maybe that she wanted to get Brienne out of the picture in order to prevent Brienne and Arya getting into a really life-threatening fight as a result of the games being played.

I could totally be wrong, it just seems to me like both Sansa and Arya have smartened up enough to not get fully wrapped up in Littlefinger's manipulations. I don't think Arya and Sansa are necessarily working together, but that neither of them are merely getting played by Littlefinger.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote