View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 10:54 PM   #3178
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Funny I had this same discussion a few pages back and the other poster said he thought the Arya Sansa storyline wasn't showing us the whole truth. That they were themselves playing the game.

I don't agree but it raises an interesting point. If Arya and Sansa are acting so off character that people assume they must have a hidden agenda, then what if they don't? Wouldn't that show how poorly the writers have set up their rivalry? The possibility that literally the only logical explanation for their actions being so against character is that they are playing Littlefinger and this whole rivalry is a ruse to smoke him out would actually be the only logical explanation. I have my doubts but we will see.
I disagree that Arya is going against character. She came home looking for family and found the same entitled sister always wanting power and potentially willing to go against Jon to get it.

Sansa sends Brienne away so that if she does make a move against Jon for the throne and Arya has to go Brienne isn't their to defend Arya.

Arya challenges Sansa to gauge where she is going to go. The Truth she is trying to decent isn't does / did she support Cersai. It's is she going to make a play with Littlefinger for the North. And she wants Sansa paranoid that she is always watching.

Arya also failed at her training because she was herself and not no one. So the more Arya Stark she is the less of a faceless man she is. To me them being PTSDd and relitigating childhood fights and suspicions is exactly what would happen. Arya blames Sansa for her fathers death. She was in a position to do something and did nothing.

I think people saying Arya's character isn't being represented are ignoring the flaws and wanting the perfect hero assassin to live out their fan servicy desires of Saving Sansa, killing Littlefinger and moving on south to the Lanisters.

I am loving the seems of the broken children having the same fights again.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: