View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #3175
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
So I have a theory about this season that I would like to test

If you are a book person you are more annoyed about the time jumps and fan service stuff than if you are a TV person.
I'm a book reader. I don't mind all the jumping around in the timeline, I am just enjoying being a fan of something that I've already put a lot of time into and which has already provided me with a lot of joy.

There's so much critical thought that a few people put into this thread to point out what they see as problems with the show. Really, I don't get that need to bitch about stuff. Either enjoy being a fan or don't, but why hang around complaining a lot? Of course I don't mean everyone is doing that, but it seems to have become a large share of this thread. It seems to me we would all have more fun if that critical energy went into analysing and speculating on character motivations, hidden backstories, speculation about next steps etc.

I wrote before this season started that I hoped it wouldn't just turn into a special effects extravaganza that lost it's brutal unpredictability, but now that it is going more in that direction, I'm up for the ride. I'm not going to the throw the baby out with the bathwater. If extravaganza is the direction we're going, I will enjoy this extravaganza more than others because it rests on seasons of complex character evolution that has produced stories and characters that I'm genuinely interested in and are worth following through on.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post: