View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 09:47 AM   #7
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Yeah, Kerins was in the ECHL just a week ago ... he'll need a lot of time. Highly skilled and could have two goals in his first two AHL games of the year if his goal on Sunday wasn't called back.

Honestly, Zary also needs time. I think he's in a great spot right now -- he's not relying on Phillips like a lot of guys (Ruzicka, Pelletier) have down there in recent years. He's with Schwindt and Pettersen, playing centre, and is producing extremely well. He looks great. I think they need to keep that going -- Darryl said not long ago that this is like his "first pro year" because he missed camp last year. Don't think they'll want to rush him.

I actually think the AHL is a more physical league than the NHL -- so many more tough guys/grinders down there. Guys on the Wranglers (including the coach) have constantly said the NHL is a lot more structured. I dunno, worth keeping in mind.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: