View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #1514
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

On a different note, I have a conundrum. On a whim I nabbed a Citizen Ecodrive Boba Fett Special edition. It's one of the most unique watch color/design combos I've ever seen from Citizen (more so than the other Star Wars LE watches in that series which are just minor aesthetic tweaks of existing Citizen watch lines IMO).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a really neat watch in person, but my wife thinks it looks too military (which I think it has done a fantastic job in doing if it is to represent Boba Fett). But there's two main things that bug me about it.

1. It's too small. It's rated at 42mm but it feels like it's closer to the typical 38mm cases.
2. Non-functioning bezel which makes it seem cheap.
3. Kinda simplistic for what I generally expect of Citizen.

I really like the leather strap and the colors. But the things that bug me about it are really borderline deal breaker. What should I do with this thing?

- Should I keep this and try to force it into my regular watch rotation? (Kinda want to do this because I have this weird desire for a really green watch... but it's borderline deal breaker)

- Should I return it? (Wife suggests this if I don't keep it as a fathers day present. I still have 2 weeks to decide)

- Should I throw it into a dark corner somewhere and hope that it increases in value a few years down the road before I sell it? (Kinda want to do this, but watches are meant to be worn, not collect dust and while I like Star Wars, I'm no super fan)

I almost feel like it makes more sense to sell it at reasonable price to someone who will really love this watch either as a collection piece or daily driver.

Dammit, it's something I'm sure I would have loved in my late teens early 20s, but it is really out of place with where I am at right now. There's so much that's awesome about it, and so many things that annoy me in a snooty sort of way because of the watches in my collection.

Ugh.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote