View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 10:06 AM   #27
SutterBrother
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
"Somehow you've failed to understand the theme of the show", he says about a show where they have yet to release an episode, and we just saw the first actual footage of, period.

They could have done the tone properly, they could easily have based the show more on the atmosphere of F1 or F2.
So I guess the difference of opinion here is that you're a Fallout 1 and 2 fan, but didn't like 3, New Vegas, and 4? That's fine, but let's not pretend games released last century are the "proper" tone.

I entered the series with 3, and am a massive fan. I looked at 1 and 2, but they were too dated for me to enjoy. I hear they were exceptional in their day. New Vegas is probably my favorite, and it's massively campy, which is a large part of why I adore it.

If you're looking for old school hard core Fallout, you're probably in the minority, and they're targeting the majority of the fanbase more familiar with the modern games.

(FWIW, I am 100% with you regarding Fallout 76. The moment you introduce online multiplayer the interactions become toxic, and the suspension of disbelief is destroyed).
SutterBrother is offline   Reply With Quote