Thread: Pizza
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 02:32 PM   #1621
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Can anyone help explain to me what the heck is happening with a pizza place in Northmount. (1350 Northmount Dr NW, Calgary, AB T2L 0E8)

Originally it opened up as Papa Murphys. Lasted a couple months and closed only to emerge as....

POW Pizza, same owner as Without Papers. Once his nutball crazy came out during the pandemic it went under quite quickly and was quickly rebranded and reopened as..... 8 Mile Pizza. Everyone assumed it was the same owner, but nope, it was apparently a different ownership.

A couple months later, it rebranded again..... This time to Red Top Pizza. This place I actually tried and it was pretty good. At the point, no idea the ownership or what the heck is happening but seemed to be around for a year.

Until recently is has rebranded AGAIN. This time to New York Pizzeria.

I have no idea what is happening but by my count that is 5 businesses in the same location in 3ish years. I have no idea what is happening besides them changing hands every 3-6 months.

Does anyone know anything on this?
There was another Papa Murphy's that opened up a few months ago in Christie Park and is now Uncle Al's. No idea if the ownership changed or they changed what chain they are franchised to.
Ashartus is online now   Reply With Quote