View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 02:45 PM   #12231
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I feel like Hanifin could turn into a 40-50pt Dman. He has multiple seasons over 30 and that is with really no powerplay time (at least the one year in Calgary where he hit 32). I also like the offensive upside of Andersson and Valimaki. Hopefully in this world Kylington gets a permanent spot.

I just would rather lose Gio to Seattle because this scenario I have come up with turns over most of the core. I wouldn’t be overly angry if they paid a small price to keep Gio but I would hate to pay a premium for that. As PepsiFree pointed out even with Gio on the team there is cap space to fill out the roster after making the priopsed Buffalo deal.
I agree with all of that. But Hanifin just hasn't shown a lot that tells me he has 40-50 points in him. He's a great skater, and can move the puck, and this year he's turned a corner defensively. But his shot isn't great and his offensive zone instincts are on the conservative side. Maybe he's just not been let loose enough - I don't know. But Sutter isn't likely to encourage him to do so either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post: