Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 11:30 PM   #2365
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Speaking of play getting worse, I remembered posting something about my slice in this thread years ago so I dug it up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
Happy to report back that I fixed my slice on the range today.

Appreciate all the input.

I attempted every suggestion plus some common slice problem drills I found on youtube. Tilting my body, addressing the ball more midline in my stance, closing my stance, and turning my wrists over all ended up increasing my slice. Based on my range attempts last week I really don't come across the ball right to left.

After about 90-100 balls hit on the range I ditched every drill I was trying and went by feel. I was hitting an iron shot, followed quickly by a driver to try and tell the difference (since I never slice an iron). It ended up being rotation of my leading (left arm). For some reason, maybe the steeper angle due to the longer shaft, I was rotating the lead arm into pronation/internal rotation. When I swung my clubhead was rotating counter-clockwise to catch up, spinning the ball.

Obviously impossible to diagnose without seeing video. I'm just glad I found a solution after 2 years of a crappy driver. And the only reason I say it's "fixed" is because the last 20-25 balls I hit were all straight; I could even draw the ball if I wanted to.

Excited for next round!
From 2016. I'm about 50%-80% fairways hit now overall (with many being driver), with some misses being just barely in the rough.

But as a result of fixing my driver swing my weakness is now my irons. My GIR has worsened as I'm still trying to keep a distinct swing with the irons since I changed my driver so much.

That's golf for you.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote