View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #49
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I get what you are saying, but the two scenarios (early clinchers and raw meat eaters) are not mutually exclusive. Yes, last year the top teams did a face plant, but how often does this occur? In 2018 the four conference finalists were also all Division winners who cliched well before other teams.

The point is that the NHL playoffs are incredibly random—much more so than probably any other professional sport—it’s part of what makes the NHL playoffs so great in the first place. I don’t put a lot of stock in last year’s playoff results because insofar as next year is concerned, they are practically meaningless. There is no secret formula: teams need to be very good, very lucky, and they also must experience the right “chemical reaction” at precisely the right time. The St Louis Blues did not crack the code to becoming a champion last year; rather, things went well enough for them at the right time for them to win.

In the end, I believe the Flames are good enough, and with some good fortune and timing they should be able to have a successful and long season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, but we have a long and storied history of playoff faceplants. Sometimes you have to make your own luck.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote