View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 11:08 AM   #106
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Stage One: When will live music return to Calgary venues? It's complicated

https://calgaryherald.com/entertainm...zkYOGqfIG64Fdc

It’s unfortunate, but the safety implication makes sense. Singing is projecting a lot of droplets, and people that have to shout over loud music into each others’ and servers’ faces don’t work either

Too bad you can’t draw some common sense lines, such as instrumental music with a volume / dB cap (not to mention, no comedy? I don’t get that. I mean, for open mic’s, fine, you may not want to share mic’s, but a feature act? Seems low enough risk to manage)

On the subject of dB, I don’t get why so many bars insist on such high volume, whether it be for the music they pipe out or live music. A very long time ago, I saw Yes play in a large stadium. Best sound at a stadium show I have ever heard. These are guys dealing with the high volume required to reach people, and a massive space, and the reverb challenge that comes with that volume and space. Too many bars, they can’t even manage acoustics in a reasonable sized space. The sound suffers and people have to shout at each other.

I would love for COVID to result in a reasonable dB cap, it may just help some sound guys, who appear to just get the job by technically knowing how to fumble around the board just enough to be dangerous
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: