View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 02:03 PM   #58
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been checking in on this thread now and again. My partner's step-dad has Alzheimer's and has really deteriorated noticeably over the past year or so. He used to be the friendliest and chattiest guy. Now he just sits in a chair and asks the same question over and over again. It's so sad.

The real problem is that my partner's mom is acting as his primary care-giver and she is in no way competent or kind enough to take that role on. She has significant mental health problems of her own and she can be quite cruel. There have been several occasions where we have witnessed her yelling and mocking her husband over something clearly related to his disease.

The next few years are going to be hard for the family. My partner is extremely anxious over the whole thing and I've started taking on the responsibility of figuring out next steps - legal ones, if necessary.

Anyway, it is good to come in here and read people's very raw and vulnerable experiences. I'm sure I will have a few of my own when the time comes.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post: