View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 09:34 PM   #52
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm afraid I'm entering the nightmares described in this thread. My 83 yr old father has been steadily deteriorating a little bit more every year since a near fatal incidence of pneumonia some years ago. It's gotten real now.

Much like others have mentioned in this thread, he has become a shell of his cognitive self., most notably his memory. Which leads me to today, when he became disoriented on driving on 16th Ave NW by Center Street on his way home in the far NW. This lead to him driving literally in circles (east to west, then repeat) for 3 hrs. unsure of how to get home. He was hopelessly confused and didn't know where he was.

He clearly should not be driving anymore, and my ask here is - how do I get him to stop? What tactics has been successful? He's been to the mandatory govt physicals in the past, and they've passed him. He is of course - in denial of his need to stop driving.

Has anyone utilized senior care types of business like Nurse Next Door that they liked? I tried this earlier but my folks denied they were needed and sent them away.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote