View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 07:08 PM   #800
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Never thought I would type this but: Wow Trevor Bauer made some pretty great points there.

Rob Manfred has certainly been doing his best to replace Goodell as the ultimate bootlicking corporate shill with absolutely zero tact lately. Not great timing for the owners to see that Turner Sports is giving the MLB 3.29 billion dollars for television rights to playoffs series until 2028. Hard to cry poor and tell the players that they won't be able to pay full prorated salaries now. Nevermind whatever Fox Sports, Rogers and regional sports carriers will be giving the MLB to retain their rights. The St. Louis Cardinals owner said that "baseball isn't really that profitable" anyways so I hope this new deal helps them with their bottom line. I wonder what would happen if Fox or Turner Sports came to the MLB and their owners and asked for a renegotiation of their TV national rights contract because of these unique circumstances, I am sure they would be amenable.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post: