Thread: [Game Takes] Blues 5 Flames 3
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #14
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've been really impressed with the strides Bennett has been taking so early in this season. Game 1 I was impressed by the simplicity of just go and skate, hit and push the play, but nothing fancy. Game 2, again with limited ice-time but he was able to continue that intensity and instead of blindly hitting, start to make more consequential plays. Game 3 got the bump to the 3rd line and had a goal stolen and was gelling with Neal and Dube and starting to regain that confidence and offensive creativity.

Last night I thought he was one of the best Flames in terms of generating offense. that drive to the net which ended in the Neal goal was such a strong power move with confidence. Then in the third during the comeback push I thought he was so much stronger and smarter on the puck than anytime last year. Instead of dangling through 5 guys every time he was very aware of his linemates and able to maintain possesion and generate some plays. Confidence goes such a long way.

I'm hopeful that these couple games in the pressbox watching will be able to help spark Jankowski and get him back on track too.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
The Following User Says Thank You to belsarius For This Useful Post: