View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #35
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Some of you really show yourself as armchair fans when you champion trades like this just for sake of a trade by the Flames. You win by drafting and developing your own talent, not by trading for guys other teams have decided they do not want. Turris would be a classic example of this.

Trading Bennett at this stage of his career is the only patently ridiculous suggestion on CP these days.
You're correct that drafting and developing home grown talent is very important, however please point out one Stanley Cup champion team that didn't make a trade or acquire a player through free agency to help their team. Pittsburgh traded for Phil Kessel. Chicago brought in Marian Hossa. LA brought in Jeff Carter. Calgary bringing in Turris would be a similar move.

Bennett has 0 points this year. I'm not suggesting you have to trade him, but if he's the asking price for Turris you do it 10 times out of 10. At some point the Flames are going to have to make a choice with Bennett, is he going to be worth more to keep or to trade, and right now I think he's trending towards a trade chip. I really don't think trading Bennett is that ridiculous a suggestion, and especially not for Turris.