View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #10
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
In your forward list which ones would be worth a 4th round pick or better to another team at the trading deadline?
I don't see how this is relevant.

Quote:
Flames gave up a 2nd last year for Lazar because he was an upgrade on all the guys that were in Stockton (including Jankowski)
This is false.

Quote:
Valamaki, Anderssen and Kylington have value as prospects as they are all starting the first year of their ELC ... I don't thinks that another team would trade their 1st (for Valamaki) or a 2nd for Anderssen / Kylington to have them in their 5/6 spots for a playoff run.
I also don't see how this is relevant.

Quote:
If the Defensemen on the list were at the stage where they could fill in as a 4/5 then the Flames would not have signed Stone.
This is also not true.

Quote:
All the d-men in the organization were ranked behind Bartkowski who was a UFA playing under a PTO in the AHL.
This is laughable.

Quote:
The Flames were making a playoff run/push last year and went outside the organization with most of these guys available.... which ones have made a significant improvement on where they were last year?
Kulak, Andersson, Kyllington and even Wotherspoon have so far looked better in camp than they did last year.

Quote:
There is a reason that this board seems to support spending the last bit of cap space on Iginla or Jagr.
Because a team can always improve and depth is a commodity that never diminishes in value.

Quote:
Same as most teams the Flames run into trouble if any of their top-6 forwards or 2 of their top-5 D get hurt.
Yes.

Quote:
Goalies are goalies Rittich / Gillies might be better than Smith and Lack
This is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: