View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #45
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
Seems to me you are taking a pretty simplistic view of how large companies work. Having worked in multiple billion dollar software companies myself, business units are always looking for ways to improve their balance sheets. In my experience even though corporate leadership often prioritizes the large money making ventures, if a smaller business unit has a plan to increase revenue and profitability, then they get what they need to make that happen.
In my experience of working in a company with about 100,000 employees spanning multiple business units and divisions in those business units and currently going through budgeting yet again I can assure you that is how they think. It's a constant internal competition for money and for good reason. And the money goes to the biggest returns.

Also, for big multinationals if you have a business that has positive cash flow after paying the corporate taxes to your corporate masters it is business they are more than happy to keep around. It does not mean you'll get investment money if the ROI is lower than other areas though.

And I'm not saying the studio can't do better because I'm sure they can but there is little need to do anything more when no matter what you put out you are going to sell the same number of copies.

Anyways, my wife once again bought the it for me. It's OK. Have to play with the sliders as apparently I'm a penalty waiting to happen. But it has pretty much the exact same issues it's had for decade.

Last edited by ernie; 09-15-2017 at 06:35 PM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote