View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #93
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
His point was that we never had the chance to draft Draisatl, so no point in being bent out of shape about it. I actually wanted Draisatl at the time because I thought the Flames needed to be bigger down the middle... I am happy with Bennett though, and I think the comparison is difficult because Draisatl's stats are definitely being pumped up by the McDavid effect... but that aside, as it stands at this moment in time, for argument's sake, Draisatl is the better player.
Yet we compare Tkachuk to Juolevi because that works out in our favor. The Flames were getting Bennett, Draisaitl, or Reinhart in 2014 and many predicted it would be Draisaitl as he was most often ranked 4th by most major outlets. The Bennett pull-up issue and the fact the Oilers were covering a bigger body (and Drainplayed in their backyard) lead many to believe he would be their pick. I was really happy as I thought Draisaitl was too similar to Monahan in the fact that both were considered poor skaters and slow. I wanted the speedy Canadian with an edge.

To his credit Draisaitl has improved his skating immensely
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote