Thread: Dash Cams
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #51
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
5 months and my cheap chinese hunk of plastic is still going strong. I still don't understand the need for something that costs more than $40.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you. You've probably got one of the exceptions to the rule. But there are a lot of cheaply made knockoff cameras out there. I don't mind paying a bit extra to know that I'm not going to get a DOA, or a camera that might break within a few months.

I needed a new dashcam anyway, because my "cheap chinese hunk of plastic" claims it records in 720p, when it really just records through a potato with 1280x720 resolution.

I bought the Ojocam because of it's size. It can easily be tucked behind the rear view mirror and be completely out of sight, without some hunk of plastic sticking out. I also bought it because of it's ability to record decent video at night, and because of the reviews it got. The GPS is not important to me at all, but it's a side benefit.

I just figured, I got what I believe is the best camera for my dollar, so why not share it with others?
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote