View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #12
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec304 View Post
I am also a beginner. I started taking lessons on my own as well as with lessons since 2020 started. I read the first 4 chapters of "guitar for dummies" and have been practising the major CAGED chords.

I also downloaded the "Tabs" app, although everything there seems too hard for me to try yet.

I will check out the link above to Marty Music.

Any easy songs you beginners like to practice???
I started with I can't get no satisfaction, just the opening riff. Also the opening riff to come as you are by Nirvana is pretty simple. For the major chords I found A and E really simple to get used to but D was a struggle at first. G was not too bad but I hate C. F U C-chord! I think part of it might be because I got smoked by a drunk driver back in 99 and my upper right bone compound fractured and literally came out of my arm, my arm was attached by tendons. So they put a big metal rod in there and a plate and some screws but the radial nerve was severely damaged. I had no movement in my right hand for over a year, had to wear a glove with elastics on the fingers to try and get them to move. I recovered but not fully so it makes it hard to reach some things on the fret board. I think if I work at it enough I can train my fingers to react better, kind of good therapy actually.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post: