View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #278
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm by no means a draft expert as I don't watch these guys and only read scouting reports but it sounds like Kaliyev is as one-dimensional a prospect as there has been in some time. Scores goals and does literally nothing else. No compete, very lazy and always last guy back into his zone. Laine was never considered remotely as one-dimensional as a prospect yet in the NHL he's become just that because everything is harder in the NHL. I think this guys is the classic all or nothing pick as he's either going to get it one day or he's going to be playing in a European league for his career with no in-between.

At 26th I feel the risk maybe worth it in this area of the first round but top 15 I would rather pick a more rounded top prospect.
Yup that's my thinking as well.
From an offensive point of view he checks all the boxes: hockey sense, shot, speed and stick handling.
You don't find someone in the mid 20s that offers that level of skill across the key attributes
I don't draft him top 12 or 15, because there are alternatives with high upside without those big questions
But at 26? For me it would be a no-brainer. Swing for the fences.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: