View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #18
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Having lived here all my life and been driving for 25 years, I've pretty much determined that the CPS traffic enforcement does not place their speed traps for safety reasons (most of the time), but for revenue reasons. I'm sure the vast majority of Calgary drivers agree wtih me on that.

So many speed traps that are just such BS. Examples:

Stoney @ Metis NE. Friggin tell me that there is some kind of epidemic of crashes there. BS. It's because tons of people come off Deerfoot where it's 110, and then don't slow down because that glorious flyover lets you maintain speed, and then Stoney is straight and flat for another 2-3km. This one is always a multanova, and never an actual cop to wag his finger at you. Basically a "Welcome to Calgary" tax.

Entering the city from the south end on Mcleod and hitting Legacy. Cops hiding behind the utility box enforcing 80 where it's three lanes and you can see all the way to downtown. Yeah, ok. I've heard of one accident in that area, the one where the drunk concrete drive plowed into a car full of people.

The exit off Deerfoot SB to Southland Dr. Cop hiding behind that big green sign. Oh yeah, you caught me letting my momentum push the vehicle up that hill, and likely saved many lives when there's a pedestrian underpass at the light, and by that time people are slowed down to 10kph because of the traffic coming off the NB exit.

Meanwhile, I lived in a playground zone in Bridlewood for 5 years, with a kid park (that actually had kids playing - right f'ing there), and the jackasses that are coming home from work are zooming down the street every afternoon from 3-6. I notified CPS a few times as I was scared that one day my daughter would get it in her head to cross the street to go to the park without me, but they repeatedly ignored me. Finally, when they did send out a multanova, they put him on the wrong side of the road, at the wrong time of day, did not make enough $$ that day, and replied to me that the place wasn't worth patrolling for them.

Suck a nut, CPS traffic department.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post: