View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 08:45 PM   #15
I wanna be like Miikka
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Obviously I prefer the deal from my end. But it isn't like Igor is a 24 year old hot shot. The guy played 12 games in the NHL this year and is already 24. Matt Murray, 2 time Cup champ was available for a 2nd rd pick and yes he is only 26. The Avs starting goalie Philip Grubauer had almost no market. The goalie market is not the same as other positions. I added 2 starter rated goalies for reasonable prices during UFA. I am happy to add Igor and given some of the comments above will probably try to flip him in the near future.

Now on to some of the comments. I hate when guys say I would have offered more. If you take the time to message GMs asking about certain players you will find more trade opportunities. I get probably 1 PM a month asking about a player (ignoring the messages from Scorp). I think GMs should be encouraged to be active and actually message around for trades. But emphasizing posting a trade block for a goalie with 12 career games who might not even be the #1 in NY next year? I get it when posting a star like McDavid or Pastrnak or whatever but you don't need to do that for every medium value asset you're thinking of trading.
I wanna be like Miikka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I wanna be like Miikka For This Useful Post: