View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 02:23 PM   #162
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
The unit was good, but next to none of that can be attributed to Bennett. We do know he was the 7th foward on the Flames in SHTOI in 2017-2018 with a whopping 0:42 per game. How on earth do you say he was one of the best PKers that year when he wasn't even a regular fixture or first option? These figures do nothing but point out that he was apparently good at cleaning up the scraps left over from the big boys.

This year, the Peters staff cut him out completely to a tune of 0:12 per game which leads one to believe that he was deemed unworthy by a pretty damn good coaching staff. The fact they didn't go back to him when the unit struggled most of the year speaks volumes.

I'm supporting his case to stay because he provides value, but he clearly needs to improve in these areas I mentioned. There's no reason to start throwing around best Pker claims. Faceoffs are nice but pretty irrelevant on a team chalk full of players who can take draws as well. I really don't get the need to continually prop this guy up as more than he is - an effective third liner that could be a game changer on a playoff team if he expands his game even slightly in terms of PK, offensive output.
Peters for the most part tried to find bottom sixers some time on either the PP or the PK, but rarely both (Ryan for a time).

He's pretty consistent at it.

Bennett started the year on the PK, but then was moved to the PP and with that was replaced on the penalty kill.

I wouldn't read into it that he was ineffective at all.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote