View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 12:01 PM   #15
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
This was my favourite part as well. The Canucks and the only NHL team that has yet to play a NHL game are the lone two teams in a thirty-one team League with virtually no "star power." That is hilarious.
Also pretty accurate... personally, I think my favourite part is that it unequivocally puts the Bergeron / Marchand / Pastrnak forward as the best line in the league. And... yeah, last year, they probably were. Wasn't talked about nearly enough.

Anyway, I love when someone does a meticulous analysis that encompasses like, the entire league, and random internet posters look through it to find an outlier and then whine, "but but... this doesn't accord with my preconceived notions about which players are good! The whole endeavour must be a sham!" Not like everything about it has to be 100% correct, but at least it's well thought out and based on some actual data. When you do that, you're going to get some results you might not have expected.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: