View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #1056
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I frequent Jerusalem Shwarma in Royal Oak and I think it is amazing. I had no idea Paros existed until I read your post.

I tried Paros yesterday and was underwhelmed. Had a roasted lamb pita. Cost wasn't bad, $10, portion was quite a bit smaller than Jerusalem but not undersized for the cost. The pita is thick and tasty and the lamb was good but it seemed like they went light on the toppings. There wasn't much lamb in there. I think most of it was pita and the fries they stuff in there. Overall it was good but not great.

However what ruined it was the calamari. They claimed it was their homemade special and it was beyond awful. It is only rings and they looked and tasted like it came from a box from walmart. Not even the expensive brand though, the walmart brand stuff. A complete waste of $11. Dry, flavourless (except salt), hard and chewy. So bad that it makes me question the quality of the pita that I kind of liked.

I'll probably give them another shot and get a plate instead of just a wrap but definitely will never touch their calamari ever again. Gross. 0/10.
The wraps are a little much with the fries in there and everything. I usually get the plate with the pork gyros. I wonder if they changed the calamari, the times I had it there were all the squiggly parts in there not just rings. That being said, I haven't had it in months so perhaps they changed it.